Summer School 2019
International Summer School of
National Research University of Electronic Technology
22.07.2019 – 04.08.2019
National Research University of Electronic Technology (MIET) invites you to International Summer School.
This summer you have a unique opportunity to spend a vacation with profit and to be inspired by the outstanding scientists and professors of our university – an advanced university of Russia, training professionals in microelectronics, nanotechnology in electronics, information and telecommunication technologies, fundamental sciences as well as in economics, graphic design and linguistics.
You can choose between 2 educational courses:
International Technical Summer School (5G course, Routing & Switching)
International Russian Language Summer School
What is special about our Summer School?
• Immersion in the language environment;
• Opportunity to make new friends from different countries;
• Individual approach to each student;
• Fascinating and effective teaching of the Russian language in a comfortable atmosphere with the use of modern educational technologies;
• Qualified, creative and energetic teachers;
• Optimal ratio of the price and quality of educational services;
• Additional educational program: you can choose additional lectures & workshops.
• Cultural program: a sightseeing tour of Moscow, acquaintance with the amazing culture of the country.
The duration of the program: 2 weeks (from July 23rd till August 04th, 2019 (72 contact hours/ 2 ECTS)
Arrival, Check-in July 21st – 22nd
Check-out, Departure August 03rd – 04th
Language of the program: Russian/English
Timetable during the school: 10.00-11.30 – Lesson 188.8.131.52 – Break 11.40-12.10 – Lesson 12.10-13.00 – Lunch 13.00-14.30 – Lesson 14.30-18.00 – Additional educational program, cultural program, excursions or free time
Fees: Educational and cultural program: $ 500 Accommodation: $ 200 (dormitory, 2-3-bedded rooms)
Where to stay?
MIET offers international students on-campus accommodation. Students live in the dormitory (in 2-3-bedded rooms).
The university campus is situated in Zelenograd (Moscow). The name of the town can be literally translated into English as the "Green City". On either side of the town, the forest is near and visible and easily accessible for walks.
Zelenograd is the center of Russian microelectronics and a quiet Moscow district located 35 km northwest of Moscow (30 min. by train/bus) and 15 km from Sheremetyevo international airport (20 min.).
What is the program content?
International Technical Summer School
1 - During the 5G course, you will learn about the main trends for the next generation mobile communication. LTE to 5G conversion, backwards compatibility, main technologies and approaches will be discussed.
The course offers four tracks: data and signal processing, IoT support, base station hardware and placement and network architecture. The data and signal-processing track includes the topics: data formats, coding, modulations, multiplexing, media access, MIMO processing and synchronization. The IoT track contains the requirements for energy efficient operation modes in 5G: how to build your own IoT device, how to organize the connection to 5G networks, how to optimize power consumption, how to use the IoT in a practical situations. The track on base station hardware and placement focusses on the possible hardware solutions for processing, physical layer and antennae's. The main propagation and interference issues are reviewed. The network architecture track will present the equipment requirements for building the networks, software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud or centralized radio access networks (C-RAN). Examples and NS3 models are presented.
2 - Routing&Switching course covers the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a different types of networks. Students learn how to configure a router and a switch for basic and advanced functionality. You will know how to model routing and switching in Network Simulator 3.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Determine how a router will forward traffic based on the contents of a routing table.
• Explain how switching operates in a small to medium-sized business network.
• Use monitoring tools and network management protocols to troubleshoot data networks.
• Configure and troubleshoot routers and switches.
• Resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP, and STP in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
In addition, you could take on demand courses: integrated circuits topology design, patenting in Russia, doing business in Russia, FPGA programming, Space Communication, MaNet, IoT, Artificial intelligent etc.
• Alexander Bakhtin, PhD, chief researcher, head of the TCS department, ad hoc, SDN and wireless sensor networks design,
• Aleksandr Timoshenko, PhD, leading researcher, integrated circuits for telecommunication and system level device designer.
• Niek B. Molenkamp, Senior researcher, signal and data processing, machine learning and AI.
• Alexey Volkov, PhD, leading researcher, signal coding and network architecture.
• Grigory Kuznetsov, CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, HCNA, Cisco Certified Network Academy Instructor.
International Russian Language Summer School
The Russian Language Program includes 72 contact hours and the following topics (taught in English or Russian):
• Language course: First meeting, introducing. Names. Letters in the alphabet. Things around. Countries and nationalities. Family. Friends. Food and drinks. In the café, restaurant. Prices. In the supermarket. In the bank, money. Days of the week, day off, free time. Hobby. In the city.
• Cultural course: Some Facts in Russian history. Russian Traditions or Russian Holidays. Russian System of the Government. Business in Russia.
The Program will be of interest to students who want to learn Russian Language and about Russian culture, complete beginners with very little or no previous knowledge of Russian language.
During the School you will not only be able to learn Russian language, but also become acquainted with the fascinating and diverse Russian culture.
Moreover, you can take additional educational program and learn about 5G mobile communication, Routing & Switching.
You will be able to make friends with students from different countries of the world!
Why study Russian Language?
• Russian is a world language - it's the fifth most widely spoken language on the planet (about 270 million people speak Russian worldwide).
• Russian is a language of culture - a knowledge of Russian offers access to great works of literature as well as songs and theatre in the original.
• Russian is a for travel – Russia is the biggest country in the world and there's lots of opportunities for travel.
• Russian is a key to higher education – speaking Russian opens up study opportunities at Russian universities.
• Learning other languages – if you speak Russian, it will be easier for you to learn other Slavic languages such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, Serbian and others.
How to apply? Write to our manager email@example.com (Svetlana Pankina)
WELCOME TO MIET !!!